· Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
· To build your career by assisting the Procurement Manager in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
· To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
· To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
· To work with the best.
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As Procurement Specialist, you will lead the technical assembly, appraisal and evaluation of equipment packages, ensuring that in house Process and Procedures are adhered to and contributing towards improvement of same. You will work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering quality projects, on time and to budget.
Key Functions of the Procurement Specialist
· Liaise with Engineering and Project teams at project start-up to get an understanding of the scope and timelines
· Liaise with the project team to generate the bid list
· Collate specifications, technical and quality requirements and produce RFQ’s for formal issue to the supply chain.
· Manage the RFQ process involving all relevant stakeholders and ensure appropriate technical and end user reviews are incorporated and recorded within the tender review and decision making process.
· Detailed analysis of returned bids, reporting and presenting the results to the project team
· At all times following the procurement process whilst also being mindful of time constraints
· Perform expediting activities as requested from project teams
· Highlight risk and supply issues to project team
· Provide monthly procurement status report to the line manager on assigned projects
· Build relationships with existing and potential new suppliers, ensure due diligence is carried out for all new sources of supply.
· Build strong inter-departmental relationships
· Input to analysis of supplier relationships, metric and performance
· Be responsible for all procurement requirements / transactions on ERP System for assigned projects
· Interface with finance regarding invoice queries relating to price / quantity discrepancies
· Support continuous improvement culture
· Work harmoniously as a member of the procurement team, contribute to a positive team environment
· Support activities that generate and encourage an efficient, productive and continuously improving supply chain performance.
Procurement Specialist Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
· Point of contact for the Project Manager for all procurement related issues – Must escalate to the Procurement Manager if any issues cannot be addressed
· Manage the RFQ process involving all relevant stakeholders and ensure appropriate technical and end user reviews are incorporated and recorded within the tender review and decision making process
· Must ensure that equipment lists are identified and agreed with the project team
· Must ensure that clear and concise budgets are identified and detailed to Procurement
· Must ensure that you (or one of your department colleagues) attend the Handover Meeting prepared
· Be available for “on-site” meetings as required during the life cycle of the project (to include Ireland, UK and Europe)
· Provide “site based” procurement support if requested by the Procurement Manager
· Ensure that project materials are being tracked in consistent manner (in accordance with Procurement Procedures)
· Provide clear communication to the project team regarding any delivery / manufacturing delays advised by suppliers
· Work closely with the suppliers / project team to rectify and provide solutions if potential delays result in overall project schedule disruption
· Timely Escalation of risk items to the Procurement Manager
· Look for new opportunities to improve service to “Internal Customers”
· Perform activities from Procurement Specialist Roles and Responsibility as and when required
Necessary requirement of the Procurement Specialist
· 3rd Level qualification in a Purchasing/Supply Chain or related discipline (or working towards a qualification)
- 3+ years’ experience / combined with experience of equipment procurement and Capital Expenditure purchases in excess of €200k value
- System orientated with excellent Microsoft skills and experience of using ERP
- Highly motivated and organised in your approach to your work with the ability to work autonomously and to strict deadlines, ensuring project requirements are fulfilled
- Good awareness of procurement best practice procedures
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
· An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical disciplines, both internal and external.
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Flexibility and the ability to handle multiple requests from across several areas
· Time management essential to satisfy demands of busy schedule
· Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
· Some engineering knowledge and experience to enable effective appreciation of the requirements and environment in which the solution will be required to operate.
For more information on this Procurement Specialist position or other Procurement opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.