Mechanical Site Supervisor
• Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
• To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
• To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
• To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
• To work with the best.
• Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The role of the Mechanical Site Supervisor is to support in the organization and co-ordination of site-based activities and to lead and co-ordinate teams of Mechanical Engineering trade professionals on site. The Supervisor will be responsible for tracking and recording of site daily activities and progress. They will lead their teams to deliver to quality, on time and to budget in a safe and efficient manner. They will deal with obstacles and develop team capacity.
Mechanical Site Supervisor Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
• Ensure safe workplace, safe systems of work, competent personnel and safe working practices and culture
• Supervise activity/work package delivery
• Record daily activity logs for all site activity
• Liaise with the various trade professionals to organize new work areas and ensure smooth co-ordination
• Liaise with sub-contractors on materials orders
• Management of direct site staff and direction to designated work areas
• Attending regular site meetings with site management to update on progress
• Technical support to the trade teams
• Ensuring all work areas are clear and ready to be handed over
• Develop teams
Necessary requirement of the Mechanical Site Supervisor
• Senior Trades qualification or equivalent coupled with 5+ years site experience ideally within pharmaceutical/medical device, commercial, industrial or data centre type sectors.
• Strong understanding of site activities and how they are planned and coordinated.
• General knowledge of Mechanical, HVAC, Building Serivces, Utilities, Process Piping Systems etc.
• Can interpret schematics & Mechanical Drawings
• Record of success as a Trade Leader
• Familiarity with materials ordering and lead times
• Strong client focus
• Commercial acumen
• Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills
• Decisive and action oriented
• Team player
• Attentive to detail and record keeper
• Results oriented with the resilience to work under pressure
Desired competencies / special role requirements
For more information on this Mechanical Site Supervisor position or other Mechanical Site Supervisor / Electrical Site Supervisor opportunities based in Ireland, UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.