Marketing & Events Assistant | Galway
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To work as part of highly successful Strategy and Marketing Team
- To make a contribution to the business by executing various marketing activities to the highest standard
- To gain significant experience in a fast-paced organisation that builds leading projects
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing & Events Assistant is responsible for providing the required support to the Marketing Team around event planning, co-ordination and execution, marketing collateral, branded materials, social media, website, digital analytics, amongst other Strategy and Marketing Department activities.
Marketing & Events Assistant Responsibilities
- Planning, organisation and execution of internal and external events, exhibitions and trade shows.
- Client entertainment event co-ordination and support; liaison with various organisations as required.
- Assisting with the production of marketing materials and literature, including brochures, presentations, employee profiles, project profiles and other marketing literature as required.
- Project case study and employee profile database maintenance.
- Liaison with design agencies and photographers as required, maintaining the database of photography.
- Sourcing of branded materials; stock maintenance within each office location.
- Co-ordination of marketing packs to sites.
- Support the updating of internal and external website and digital screens.
- Keeping track of social media content.
- Producing digital analytics / SEO reports.
- Carrying out required market research.
- Providing additional support to the Strategy and Marketing Team as required.
- Supporting Business Development, Business Unit Managers, Operations Teams and Support Functions regarding marketing activities as required.
- Maintaining company’s internal and external website and ongoing site development.
- There may be a requirement to travel on a regular basis to other Company Offices and to attend events when required.
Necessary requirement of the Marketing & Events Assistant
- 3rd level qualification in Marketing, Business Management, Business Administration or similar
- Ideally will possess 1-2 years’ experience as a Marketing Executive
- Engineering and Construction industry background would be an advantage
- Creativity and comfort with “blank sheet of paper” assignments
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & Adobe Design Suite Training
- Google analytics
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Organisation and Time Management Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Research Skills
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Results Orientation
- Customer Service/Relationship Builder
- Innovates and Improves Processes
- Resilience and Positivism
For more information on this Marketing & Events Assistant / Marketing Coordinator position or other similar opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.