Electrical Site Supervisor |Dublin
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The role of the Electrical Site Supervisor is to support the Site Manager in the organization and co-ordination of site-based activities and to lead and co-ordinate teams of Electrical Engineering trade professionals on site. The Supervisor will be responsible for tracking and recording of site daily activities and progress. They will lead their teams to deliver to quality, on time and to budget in a safe and efficient manner. They will deal with obstacles and develop team capacity.
Electrical Site Supervisor Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project in line with the Kirby Way:
- Fully understand your IFC scope of work and notify IFC variations to CM.
- Complete take-offs for variations as requested.
- Populate SE progress assessment form in conjunction with planners.
- Develop 2 week look ahead and agree it with CM at weekly meeting.
- Coordinate work with other trades in your area through whiteboard and directly.
- Ensure your scope is construction complete for agreed start dates of testing and commissioning.
- Review and fully understand IFC Scope of works.
- Review and agree area site set-up with C.M.
- Install area site set-up in line with agreed plan – all on wheels, nothing directly on the floor.
- Appoint person responsible to maintain and clean your area.
- Ensure temp power is available for directs and subcontractors prior to required date.
- Understand Quality objective of Project – snag free systems on time.
- Review and understand Quality Control Plan which is based on 6M’s.
- Implement Quality Control Plan on site.
- Review and understand ITP.
- Implement ITP.
- Ensure only specified materials are used for your scope of installation.
- Complete Weekly Quality Audits and check lists.
- Clear quality audit actions as soon as possible.
- Identify snag items as the installation progresses – stand down crew forTBT if snags are repeated.
- Clear snag items to suit walkdown schedule.
- Ensure all personnel have seen relevant FoK’s to their task.
- Conduct quality TBT’s.
- Ensure the works are adequately protected.
- Ensure Drawings are Red lined and signed in line with agreed due dates.
- Collate and File all relevant documentation delivered with materials, plant and equipment.
- Read and understand the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensure materials, plant and equipment are installed to specification and manufacturers recommendations.
- Ensure installation is in accordance with P&IDs and Isometrics.
- Understand and follow the requirements associated with maintaining the correct files on site.
- Advise CM if NCR is necessary.
- Ensure all your personnel have the relevant training for the allocated tasks.
- Review and understand the safety objective of the project – target Zero incidents and understand why
- Ensure all your personnel are inducted including subcontractors prior to starting any task.
- Plan all tasks through identifying hazards in your work area, assessing the risk, determining and implementing control measures prior to starting any task
- Planning is particularly important for MIMO, Working at Height and Working with/around electricity
- Ensure appropriate RAMS are in place for all tasks
- Review and understand the RAMS, advise CM of any required amendments prior to undertaking the task, do not start task until RAMS are updated
- Ensure that employees and subcontractors are properly instructed and sign up to appropriate RAMS as required.
- Ensure SPA’s are in place when setting your personnel and subcontractors to work and are appropriate for the task and signed by yourself
- Coordinate work with other trades in your area (co-sign SPA’s where possible)
- Ensure exclusion zones and restricted zones are identified and noted on Exyte daily whiteboards
- Enforce rule that no persons to work underneath other trades working at height
- Ensure housekeeping issuesare highlighted and noted on Exyte daily whiteboards
- All materials and tools used while working at height must be secured, tethered or removed from location
- Large cable pulls to have an exclusion zone in the relevant area, if too disruptive to other trades then cable pulls must be done through night work. Night work needs to be agreed in advance with CM
- Maintain a tidy workplace. Ensure that cleaning takes place regularly or as work is carried out and place of work and access routes are kept clear.
- Ensure all your personnel have the relevant training for the allocated tasks.
- The operation of a protective or control device is to be done by Intel or a Kirby AP, no other person is authorised to switch on or off a protective or control device
- Encourage participation by all in SBO scheme
- Ensure prompt close out of SBO’s
- Ensure that all plant and machinery including power and hand tools are in a good condition, defect free and that statutory, in-house inspection and maintenance procedures are carried out as required.
- Ensure that any defects in plant and equipment are rectified or remove defective items as soon as possible
- Ensure that you complete ‘Site Supervisor Safety Audit’
- Clear any actions from audit as soon as possible
- Conduct “Tool Box” talks and keeps attendance records in the site safety file.
- Inform the employees of their safety performance on site and any improvements needed through the behavioural notice card system – Green, Yellow and Red
- Escalate incident situations through informing CM or PM as soon as possible
- Participate in incident investigation
- Implement determined incident remedial actions to prevent reoccurrence of incident as soon as possible
- Ensure that adequate fire-fighting equipment is available where necessary and there is a competent person in the crew to use
- Ensure that the area first aid box is adequately stocked, maintained and there is a member of the crew competent to use it
- Ensure that all power tools are 110 volts.
- Issues permits where required, ensure that the requirements for these permits are maintained and copies of all work permits are filed in the safety file e.g. hot work permit to work etc. when competent to do so.
- Demonstrate safety leadership by not “turning a blind eye”.
- Ensure that employees do not participate in horseplay or improper conduct at the place of work.
- Stand down any person from the workplace deemed to present a hazard to themselves or others and report them to CM or PM.
- Assist CM with development of Procurement schedule.
- Track delivery of all relevant orders to ensure delivery dates align with procurement schedule and programme.
- Requisition minor materials in line the IFC requirements and track delivery.
- Ensure all IR’s for minor equipment are completed correctly.
- Implement plan to ensure all deliveries are checked and verified.
- Ensure all materials are correctly Stored – nothing directly on the floor.
- Comply with purchasing procedure with regard to delivery docket management.
- Deliver briefings on key project daily or weekly items, deliver safety and quality TBT’s.
HR and Subcontractors:
- Ensure Biometric or facial recognition clock is in operation and all operatives are instructed on its use (including subcontractors)
- Track and detail actual personnel on site daily (directs and subcontractors) for your scope of work and submit to CM daily
- Complete Employee assessment forms for tradesmen and apprentices.
- Advise CM on performance of directs and subcontractor’s compliance with our expectations, both good and where there are development opportunities
- Review relevant construction pack (specifications, schedules and drawings) for your scope of work and develop a set of familiarisation notes for Construction Manager (CM) or Project Manager (PM) to review.
- Take ownership for your work area and scope of work.
- Escalate when necessary (after you have done what you can) any safety, quality, schedule, coordination with other trades, personnel and commercial issues to CM.
- Attend Weekly project meeting with CM.
- Assist Construction Manager is compiling Lesson’s learned at the end of the project.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Site Supervisor
- Senior Trades qualification or equivalent coupled with 5+ years site experience within pharmaceutical/medical device, commercial, industrial or data centre type sectors
- Can interpret schematics and electrical drawings
- Strong understanding of site activities and how they are planned and coordinated
- Record of success as a Trade Leader
- Familiarity with materials ordering and lead times
- Strong client focus
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills
- Decisive and action oriented
- Team player
- Attentive to detail and record keeper
- Results oriented with the resilience to work under pressure
For more information on this Electrical Site Supervisor position or other Electrical Site Supervisor / Mechanical Site Supervisor opportunities based in Ireland, UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.