Transport and Logistics Coordinator
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting the Capex Procurement Manager in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centers and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Excellent role for a Transport and Logistics Coordinator to join our Supply Chain team who will effectively manage all logistical activities and help drive the continued growth and development of our operations.
Key Functions of the Transport and Logistics Coordinator
Coordinate and analyse the logistics of material / plant movement from start to end destination
Manage the inward, outbound and the trans-European movement of materials / plant across Ireland, UK and Europe
Communicate with key group stakeholders to ensure Supply Chain is operating smoothly
Provide estimate costs for the supply chain process (road, air and sea freight)
Expedite the movement of materials / plant across Ireland, UK and Europe.
Liaise with third party storage and haulage contractors to ensure industry best practice levels of service and cost effectiveness are delivered.
Highlight risk and supply issues to Manager
Build relationships with existing and potential new suppliers, ensure due diligence is carried out for all new sources of supply.
Build strong inter-departmental relationships
Support continuous improvement culture
Work harmoniously as a member of the procurement team, contribute to a positive team environment
Support activities that generate and encourage an efficient, productive and continuously improving supply chain performance.
Assist in other functions within Supply Chain when requested
Necessary Requirement of the Transport and Logistics Coordinator
- Relevant Third Level qualification in a Purchasing/Supply Chain or related discipline (or working towards a qualification)
- Knowledge of international import and export regulatory procedures with regards to paperwork requirements.
- Good knowledge of shipping / exporting compliance controls
- Strong on documentation compliance and regulations
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in logistics or other related supply chain field.
- System orientated with excellent Microsoft skills and experience of using ERP
- Highly motivated and organised in your approach to your work with the ability to work autonomously and to strict deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
- An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate effectively both internal and external.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and the ability to handle multiple requests from across several areas
- Time management essential to satisfy demands of busy schedule
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties
- Previous logistics experience in an extremely fast paced environment with several team members.
- Knowledge of trans-European shipment requirements
- Familiar with multi transport solutions
- Working knowledge of import / export documentation would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of the Logistics / Freight Industry would be an advantage
- Good Communications skills with proven work performance results.
- Exposure to working to KPI’s and the deliverance of same.
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Professional and focused approach with a high level to attention and detail.
- Attention to analytics and conformance with defined procedures around tight timelines
- Customer focused with desire to strive for excellence
- Positive can do and highly ambitious approach
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Increased level of flexibility to meet timelines on reporting
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional Communication skills
For more information on this Transport and Logistics Coordinator position or other Procurement opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.