Testing & Commissioning Lead | Sweden
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
The role of Testing & Commissioning Lead is to plan, manage and co-ordinate all of the testing / turnover and commissioning activities within the business unit. To oversee the processes for turnover management & commissioning and to support the engineering lead ensuring consistent application of agreed procedures and adherence to project specifications and national regulations. Acting as Testing & Commissioning Lead you will also require the ongoing mentoring of all testing & commissioning personnel in the region to ensure their continued development.
Testing & Commissioning Lead Responsibilities
- Develop ITP’s, CTQ’s and Commissioning Protocols for all projects (where required) in the region by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual.
- Check and ensure system walk-downs are being completed and Test packs are up to date.
- Spot check systems to ensure quality of field installation and attend walk-downs on an ongoing basis.
- Reporting of QC & Cx non-conformances to Project manager and providing solutions to remediate issues
- Appoint the Authorised Person(s) to their role on projects and support site setup as part of the ESSW implementation per project.
- Mentor and train AP’s and Testers to ensure they understand their R&R’s fully as part of the ESSW.
- Produce reports on quality control issues, testing and commissioning issues for the PM and copy the electrical engineering and operations managers.
- Liaise with project consultants & other contractors regarding quality & testing / commissioning matters, as required.
- Follow-up on items raised that need to be addressed on site to support close out.
- Work closely with the commissioning manager on larger projects to ensure Kirby processes and SOP’s are being followed.
- Track snag close out and report monthly to PM.
- Consultative support to Site Managers and Project Managers with regard to our Quality & Commissioning approaches.
- Assist in the development of QEHS Alert documentation and specialist Cx Reports, as required.
- Support the management and tracking of test equipment for the region.
- Ensure that all documentation and certification is complete and checked prior to final handover i.e. Safe Electric / NICEIC.
- Assist BUL / Engineering Manager in resolving any significant technical issues that cannot be resolved on site.
- Monthly progress reporting to the Ops Manager and Engineering Manager.
- Assist BUL with recruiting of and appointing testing & commissioning support to individual projects.
- Technical review of Tenders when required.
- Attend Tender Interviews as required to promote technical capabilities.
- Highlight emerging technologies and technically access innovative suggestions in the region.
- To review and understand project specifications and drawings fully and extract the project specific testing & commissioning requirements.
- Schedule and chair internal turnover / commissioning kick off meetings where required.
- Agree schedule of turnover / commissioning meetings and required attendee’s in conjunction with the CMT.
- Complete Commission-ability reviews and update drawings and specifications as required.
- Review Technical submittals (where required).
- Develop Commissioning Plan (where required) inclusive of:
- o Commissioning schedule (i.e. Level 0-5) which is fully co-ordinated with the construction programme.
- o Develop site specific system matrix / boundaries.
- o Develop site specific commissioning protocols for each system.
- o Narrative on turnover / commissioning process.
- o IST document where required.
- Liaise with equipment vendors to ensure they are fully aware of our specific requirements and approve all proposed SAT and commissioning procedures or appoint someone to do to so.
- Appoint and liaise with specialist Commissioning contractors to carry out early commissioning reviews and agree commissioning sequence.
- Ensure turnover / commissioning plan is approved both internally and externally.
- Review weekly reports from commissioning engineers – where required.
- Ensure all commissioning activities are witnessed by Kirby and signed off as accepted.
- Ensure client training is completed in line with agreed schedule.
- Access performance of testing & turnover / commissioning crews and & specialist commissioning contractors.
- You will proactively and vigilantly keep information secure and fully comply with the Kirby Information Security Management System (ISMS).
Necessary requirement of the Testing & Commissioning Lead
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- Ideally the Testing & Commissioning Regional Lead will possess 8+ years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Data Centre will be advantageous
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others.
- Innovates and leads in Testing, Commissioning /Technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Data Centre experience would be preferred
For more information on this Testing & Commissioning Manager position or other similar opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.