- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
To play an active role in the management support, planning and controlling of projects within the T&D Business Unit. Development and preparation of execution plans for multi-staged bid proposals, providing hands on project delivery support by facilitating the planning, scheduling and controlling processes while clearly communicating fact-based answers to key questions surrounding performance and status which will aid in effective decision making. Ensuring consistency of application of methodologies & processes within the Business Unit Portfolio.
- Provide a high quality of service to the project manager
- Review Contract documentation and highlight key schedule and tracking requirements
- Develop fully integrated construction schedule in conjunction with the Main Contractor and Project Manager
- Support in client schedule negotiations
- Labour & Metrics load the schedule based on hours & quantities received from the Commercial Team
- Develop the required Trackers and Reporting templates
- Measure & track weekly progress and efficiency in consultation with the Site Team and validate this formally with the Commercial Team every 2 / 3 weeks
- Highlight potential risks and roadblocks to the project team and Lead Projects Planner on an ongoing basis
KEY TASKS, ACTIVITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Business Unit Support
- Point of contact for the Project Manager for all project related planning issues
- Develop Schedule’s and Histograms for Bid Support as required by the Lead Projects Planner
Programme Co-ordination (Planning Phase of Project Life Cycle):
- Support the implementation of Planning Process (& Kirby Way)
- Review Contract documentation concerning Schedule and Reporting Requirements and ensure that they are met
- Facilitate Planning Meeting(s) where required
- Produce High Level Target Schedule with the PM considering current emerging IFC project information
- Optimize build schedule & develop “Pinch Pint Register” identifying where we are not in agreement with Main Contractors / CMT schedule
- High level labour load of Target Schedule to be completed and S-Curve to be produced
- Submit the Schedule and S-curve (& all subsequent schedules) for review to the Lead Projects Planner to ensure compliance with internal standards
- Negotiation strategy to be developed to deal with main contractor schedule risk – influence favourable outcome to KGE
- Organize with Kirby PM & attend meeting with Main Contractor / CMT to negotiate and agree Kirby optimum build schedule – minute and circulate
- Revise / Develop and add agreed level of detail to schedule
- Assist Main Contractor / CMT in development of an overall integrated schedule
- Ensure that the schedule is “Labour Loaded” and aligned with the Commercial Department Budgets – highlight any weeks where large progress is forecasted to PM’s and Lead Projects Planner
- Produce Build Methodology / Phasing Drawings
- Present the latest version of the schedule to the construction team to ensure there is a thorough understanding
- Support in Risk identification & mitigation
Status and Performance Advisor (Controlling Phase of Project Life Cycle):
- Provide clear communication of early warnings to project management teams obtained from progress reports and knowledge of project field conditions
- Suggest ways to improve performance to project teams
- Monitor package progress and efficiency (direct and subcontract) provide “estimate at completion” on labour man-hour spend in conjunction with the Commercial Team
- Chair and facilitate weekly “Look Ahead” Meetings on site with SM’s as required
- Progress Measuring / recording & collating actual installation progress for installation progress reporting
- Weekly Spent / Earned man-hours efficiency reporting in conjunction with the Commercial Team
- Compilation of and issuing of period progress reports (internal / external)
- Produce Weekly “Drop-line Schedule” cw. 2 week look ahead and 2 week retrospective
- Schedule management, revision and maintenance
- Escalation of risk items to the PM and Lead Projects Planner
- Look for new opportunities to improve service to “Internal Customers”
- Look for new opportunities to improve processes
The above list of tasks, activities, responsibilities and accountabilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
ESSENTIAL BASIC EXPERIENCES/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Engineering or Construction Management Related Degree / Trade Certification (any of these with the right experience)
- 3-5 years’ experience / demonstrate ability to develop and implement plans, monitor and control work
- Must be capable of producing project plans from design and commercial information
- Microsoft Project / P6 or Equivalent Planning Software, Microsoft Office tools – Excellent report writing skills
- Time management essential to satisfy demands of busy schedule and reporting calendar
COMPETENCIES TO BE DEMONSTRATED:
- Results Orientation
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Service/Relationship Builder
- Innovates and Improves Processes
- Attention to Detail
- Resilience and Positivism
- Team Worker/Builder For more information on this Project Planner/ Planner position or other Senior Project Planner / Project Planner opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.