- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Reporting to the Associate Director – Strategy & Marketing, the Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing Kirby’s communication strategy – creating effective, impactful communications, which support sustainable international growth, operational discipline and values-driven culture. The Marketing Communications Specialist is also responsible for providing other required support to the Associate Director – Strategy & Marketing, including the coordination of the balanced scorecard performance management system. This will be a challenging role, in a fast paced, demanding environment, so the successful candidate will need to be comfortable working at pace.
Kirby Group Engineering is an international business undergoing significant growth. The company specialises in delivering engineering contracting services to world class customers in the Data Centre, Life Sciences, Industrial, Commercial, Substations and Renewables sectors.
- Development and implementation of Kirby’s communication strategy:
- o Identifying PR opportunities for brand promotion.
- o Extracting stories from the business to generate content.
- o Developing consistent and creative brand communications – visual / written content, social media, website, intranet, brochures, presentations, press releases, editorials, adverts, awards submissions.
- o Liaising with external agencies / contractors/ industry bodies / media.
- o Managing campaigns across multiple platforms, producing digital analytics reports.
- o Planning and scheduling all communications, including social media calendar.
- o Identifying and managing CSR activities and communications, including sponsorships and charity initiatives.
- o Issuing PR updates, managing marketing collateral and press clippings library.
- o Coordinating and optimising internal communication platforms across the business (offices, sites, digital).
- o Creating video content and coordinating the production process.
- o Tracking competitor communications and producing required reports.
- o Managing all day-to-day internal and external marketing communications.
- Coordination of the balanced scorecard performance management system
- Market research, report writing and presentations (as required).
- Supporting event organisation and execution (as required).
- Providing other required support to the Associate Director – Strategy & Marketing.
The above list of tasks, activities, responsibilities and accountabilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
- Degree in relevant discipline, preferably a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in marketing communications or journalism role.
- Strong track record in developing creative campaigns / marketing communications.
- Excellent digital skills across various platforms (sponsored digital campaigns, analytics, SEO).
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Design Suite.
- Experience in professional photography / videography is a plus.
- Engineering / Construction Industry knowledge is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative presence
- Attention to detail
- Results orientation and proactiveness
- Resilience and flexibility
- Relationship builder / people management skills
- A keen interest in the media
- Organisation and time management skills
- Innovates and improves processes
- Research skills. For more information on this Marketing Communications Specialist position or other similar opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.