Senior Mechanical Quantity Surveyor | Dublin
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The role of Senior Mechanical Quantity Surveyor will have you working across various contracts ensuring the maximum commercial benefit for the company and will entail a cradle to grave delivery from tender stage through to final accounts and all-encompassing duties in between.
Senior Mechanical Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Skilled at budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Good communication skills. Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Working for Kirby Group Engineering, the Mechanical Quantity Surveyor will have the ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction.
- Speed and accuracy of information a priority.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
Necessary requirement of the Senior Mechanical Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum 6+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Mechanical Projects.
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying ideally coupled with a technical background as either Plumber/Pipefitter (or similar) or Mechanical Engineer
- Experience working on mechanical value projects in-excess of €5million within the data centre, pharmaceutical, industrial or commercial sectors.
- Proficient in excel.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
For more information on this Senior Mechanical Quantity Surveyor/ M&E Quantity Surveyor position or other Senior Quantity Surveyor / MEP Quantity Surveyor opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.