Senior Electrical Project Manager | Italy
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As Senior Electrical Project Manager you will be responsible for a number of construction projects across the Kirby Electrical Business Unit. The Project Manager plans, organises, leads, coordinates and controls all activities concerned with the construction of Electrical (LV, MV & HV) Projects. The Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of an engineering construction project and leads its organization, scheduling and implementation. He/she is the key point of contact with the client and builds and creates strong, assertive and positive relationships. They ensure that the site meets and exceeds environmental, health and safety standards. They ensure a quality focus and quality outcomes so that the Kirby Group vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
Senior Electrical Project Manager Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team
- Liaise with OM in staffing of project
- Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cashflow and billable schedules, etc.
- As Project Manager you will be tasked with producing procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram
- Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues
- Develop project safety and quality plans
- Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan
- Mobilise site establishment
Project Running Phase:
- Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the OM
- Manage your site team in the effective day to day running of site activities
- Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries and engineering, quality and safety issues
- Attend meetings with Clients
- Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S
- Advise client in good time of current sales plan
- Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control
- Submit monthly internal reports to the OM
- Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan
- Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the EM
- Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date
- Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and District Surveyor
- Handover O&M manual and record drawings
- Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective
- Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with the OM
- Produce a project close-out report and submit to the OM
- Archive project
- Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected
- Maintain a site / day book
- Attend and participate in monthly project managers meetings
- Develop your skills in line with agreed training plan
- Put forward idea’s for continuous improvement of company
- Maintain contact with your client base
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the client from project start up to project completion
Necessary requirement of the Senior Electrical Project Manager
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or Strong Trades background.
- You will ideally possess 10+ years relevant experience in a similar role of which the last 2-3 years have been on Data Centre environments.
- Experience working on large data centre/Pharmaceutical/Industrial project environments working under main contractor
- Worked as the P.S.C.S. (main contractor)
- Detailed knowledge of the Project Manager role
- Detailed knowledge of Engineering
- Commercial knowledge and understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures
- Ability to juggle and manage many priorities
- Ability to plan and programme
- Prioritise and allocate time according to priority
- Assess relative risk and allocate time according
- Lead and motivate the team
- Manage performance: monitor, give feedback, and confront issues. Effective communication skills
- Ability to estimate
- Using resources at disposal to best effect
For more information on this Senior Electrical Project Manager/ M&E Project Manager position or other Senior Electrical Project Manager / Contracts Manager opportunities based in Ireland, UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.