Senior Electrical Estimator (based in Dublin, Galway or Limerick)
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As Senior Electrical Estimator you will play a key role in our continued growth and contribute to our reputation for estimation excellence in this area. You will aspire to lead and will deliver estimation services that are world class. In return, you will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become a technical, people and commercial leader.
Senior Electrical Estimator Responsibilities
In conjunction with your team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of the Estimation process including the following:
- Prepare estimates by compiling takeoff based on the scope of work and entering into computer estimating system, review computer printout for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to read Electrical Technical Specifications and Employers Requirements for low voltage bids, varying from large commercial bids, pharmaceutical projects & large Data centre projects..
- Managing & interfacing of the tendering process with the various departments, and the timely submitting of the tender.
- Assist in compiling the Technical Submission of inclusions, exclusions, clarifications and program of works.
- Manage the quotation request process and review quotations for completeness
- Manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Predict possible issues and pitfalls of projects, and advise the bid team of project risks and solutions.
- Follow up on submitted tenders and document the relevant feedback.
- Attend post tender meetings.
- After the successful bid at project handover, meet with the Construction Team to fully explain the estimate, scope of work, quotes and offer aspects for the successful transition of the project.
Necessary requirement of the Senior Electrical Estimator
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Construction Economics, Quantity Surveying or similar
- Ideally will possess 5+ years’ experience in the construction industry of which 2 years has been in a similar Senior Electrical Estimator position.
- Experience working on tenders in-excess of €4million electrically within the pharmaceutical, industrial, data centre or commercial sectors.
- Innovates and leads in electrical/technical activity and challenges.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite, especially Power Point & Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage, develop & retain a large team
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
For more information on this Senior Electrical Estimator position or other Electrical Estimator opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.