E&I QA Advisor | Ireland (Covering works in Europe as and when required)
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The purpose of the E&I QA Advisor is to promote the core value of Quality across the geography of our Operations. The person will have knowledge and experience of construction on electrical projects including; project management controls, QA/QC, Inspection & Testing and system handover. They will be required to travel between projects in the UK and Europe so must be an excellent communicator and able to work autonomously.
E&I QA Advisor responsibilities
- Follow and promote the ‘Kirby Way’ method of project delivery
- Implementation and maintenance of the Kirby ISO9001:2015 system
- Preparation of project specific QA Plans
- QA Auditing of projects in accordance with the site audit schedule
- Documenting findings and follow up actions in detailed audit reports
- Promoting LEAN construction processes & tools, best practice and sharing Lessons Learned across projects
- Provision of continuous QMS Training and Support
- Investigating QA issues and non-conformances
- Review of project specifications, as required
- Completing QEHS Alert documentation and specialist Reports, as required
- All other duties associated with this role
- Ability to work independently and carry out QMS Audits and follow up reports on projects.
Necessary requirement of the E&I QA Advisor
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering or Strong Trades background
- City & Guilds Electrical Inspection & Testing
- Knowledge of regulatory standards e.g. BS7671, ET101, EN IS 50110-1:2013.
- Knowledge of current statutory EHS legislation e.g. Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (UK), SHWA Regulations 2007 Part 3 Electricity (ROI).
- Previous Handover/Factory Acceptance Testing & Equipment Walkdown Experience
- Technical knowledge and experience of Low Voltage Switchgear (LV) , systems and associated equipment and awareness of Civil Standards – ET101 and Eurocodes.
- Good knowledge of I&C installations
- Ability to carry out QA Audits and follow up reports on Projects
- Excellent Microsoft Office and communication skills
- Previous experience of quality Management Systems e.g. ISO 9001, Q-Mark etc
- Chemical/Pharma/Medical Devices experience/knowledge.
- Ability to understand & interpret Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
- Commissioning of LV systems
- Compex Ex01-04 training
- Experience in the completion of cGDP documentation for handover.
For more information on this E&I QA Advisor position opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.