Testing & Commissioning Lead | Sweden
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The role of Testing & Commissioning Regional Lead is to plan, manage and co-ordinate all of the testing / turnover and commissioning activities within the business unit. To oversee the processes for turnover management & commissioning and to support the engineering lead ensuring consistent application of agreed procedures and adherence to project specifications and national regulations. Acting as Testing & Commissioning Regional Lead you will also require the ongoing mentoring of all testing & commissioning personnel in the region to ensure their continued development.
Testing & Commissioning Regional Lead Responsibilities
- Develop ITP’s, CTQ’s and Commissioning Protocols for all projects (where required) in the region by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual.
- Check and ensure system walk-downs are being completed and Test packs are up to date.
- Spot check systems to ensure quality of field installation and attend walk-downs on an ongoing basis.
- Reporting of QC & Cx non-conformances to Project manager and providing solutions to remediate issues
- Appoint the Authorised Person(s) to their role on projects and support site setup as part of the ESSW implementation per project.
- Mentor and train AP’s and Testers to ensure they understand their R&R’s fully as part of the ESSW.
- Produce reports on quality control issues, testing and commissioning issues for the PM and copy the electrical engineering and operations managers.
- Liaise with project consultants & other contractors regarding quality & testing / commissioning matters, as required.
- Follow-up on items raised that need to be addressed on site to support close out.
- Work closely with the commissioning manager on larger projects to ensure Kirby processes and SOP’s are being followed.
- Track snag close out and report monthly to PM.
- Consultative support to Site Managers and Project Managers with regard to our Quality & Commissioning approaches.
- Assist in the development of QEHS Alert documentation and specialist Cx Reports, as required.
- Support the management and tracking of test equipment for the region.
- Ensure that all documentation and certification is complete and checked prior to final handover i.e. Safe Electric / NICEIC.
- Assist BUL / Engineering Manager in resolving any significant technical issues that cannot be resolved on site.
- Monthly progress reporting to the Ops Manager and Engineering Manager.
- Assist BUL with recruiting of and appointing testing & commissioning support to individual projects.
- Technical review of Tenders when required.
- Attend Tender Interviews as required to promote technical capabilities.
- Highlight emerging technologies and technically access innovative suggestions in the region.
- To review and understand project specifications and drawings fully and extract the project specific testing & commissioning requirements.
- Schedule and chair internal turnover / commissioning kick off meetings where required.
- Agree schedule of turnover / commissioning meetings and required attendee’s in conjunction with the CMT.
- Complete Commission-ability reviews and update drawings and specifications as required.
- Review Technical submittals (where required).
- Develop Commissioning Plan (where required) inclusive of:
- o Commissioning schedule (i.e. Level 0-5) which is fully co-ordinated with the construction programme.
- o Develop site specific system matrix / boundaries.
- o Develop site specific commissioning protocols for each system.
- o Narrative on turnover / commissioning process.
- o IST document where required.
- Liaise with equipment vendors to ensure they are fully aware of our specific requirements and approve all proposed SAT and commissioning procedures or appoint someone to do to so.
- Appoint and liaise with specialist Commissioning contractors to carry out early commissioning reviews and agree commissioning sequence.
- Ensure turnover / commissioning plan is approved both internally and externally.
- Review weekly reports from commissioning engineers – where required.
- Ensure all commissioning activities are witnessed by Kirby and signed off as accepted.
- Ensure client training is completed in line with agreed schedule.
- Access performance of testing & turnover / commissioning crews and & specialist commissioning contractors.
Necessary requirement of the Testing & Commissioning Regional Lead
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- Ideally the Testing & Commissioning Regional Lead will possess 8+ years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Data Centre will be advantageous
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others.
- Innovates and leads in Testing, Commissioning /Technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Data Centre experience would be preferred
For more information on this Testing & Commissioning Regional Lead/ Testing & Commissioning Manager position or other similar opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.