Project Quality Control Manager | West Dublin
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Reporting to the Group Quality Control Manager supplemented by project specific management, the role of the Project Quality Control Manager is to identify areas for continuous improvement across various projects to improve efficiencies. To monitor developments within the construction processes. The main purpose of the Project Quality Control Manager is to lead and manage the project quality control activities.
Project Quality Control Manager Responsibilities
- Set a good example for the country Quality teams in the areas of ethics, EHS, cultural sensitivity, diversity, teamwork, quality culture and behaviors*.
- Comply with all Project EHS requirements i.e. PPE, work Permits etc.
- Assist in selection of project personnel selection and periodic training
- Be proactive in identifying areas of improvement and create suitable action plans to improve project performance.
- Understand and communicate the Kirby quality policy and the organizational context.
- Supervise and manage the overall performance of project staff in the quality department.
- Analyse, report, give recommendations on how to improve quality performance.
- Promote a positive quality culture throughout the organization.
- Understand all required Management System documentation (Processes and Procedures) ensuring that the quality personnel are conversant with their purpose and intent.
- Encourage and maintain Lessons Learned program on the project.
- Ensure that a project Quality KO meeting and a Client Expectations Meeting is conducted, and actions derived are monitored and tracked.
- Prepare and deliver project specific / discipline inductions on the project.
- Implement a Benchmark program and monitor installations against it.
- Conduct / participate in project quality compliance audit programs
- Manage and report all construction punch/snag list items.
- Conduct inspection, snag walk downs (line walking)
- Produce weekly / monthly reports to the Quality leadership as applicable e.g. weekly report, NCR status, audit reports
- Coordinate all project Quality manpower resources ensuring the quality resource needs are adequately managed.
- Providing SME support to projects
- Work cross functionally to develop and track project quality objectives
- Participate in the preparation of the Project Quality Plan, ITP’s and inspection requests to the client in accordance with contract specifications and company QMS and PQP requirements.
- Ensure the Quality Department deliverable submissions are on time.
- Validate data and results contained in inspection checklists / test records.
- Monitor the usage of control and measure test equipment for calibration and suitability for use.
- Where required, support the development of project specific method statements.
- Communicate regularly with project and functional teams and ensure all Quality needs and requirements for both functional departments and projects are understood and maintained.
- Maintain familiarity with the control of non-conformance processes and procedures (Product & Process) ensuring the necessary requirements are adhered to e.g. documenting, Root Cause Analysis, Investigation, Corrective Actions and actions to prevent reoccurrence*.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Necessary requirement of the Project Quality Control Manager
- 3rd level qualification in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Building Services or strong trades background with relevant experience.
- Ideally will possess 10+ years of which 4+ years have been in a similar Quality Control Management capacity.
- Quality Management certification (preferred)
- Continuous Improvement (CI) implementation and experience
- Previous Handover and Quality Delivery experience
- Internal or Lead Auditor qualified
- Excellent at structured Report writing skills and Presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to nurture strong relationships both internally & externally
- Strong EHS conformance and experience required.
Desired competencies / special role requirements
- Willingness to travel
- Data Centre experience preferred
- Preferable from a trade’s background / trades experience
For more information on this QA/QC Manager/ Quality Assurance / Quality Control Manager position or other QA Manager / QA/QC Manager opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.