To represent the Project Manager and Kirby Group on major construction sites and to take responsibility for all site related activities associated with the construction of a varied range of projects. The Mechanical Site Manager will be expected to take the lead on all on-site activities from pre-mobilisation through to commissioning and eventual demobilisation.
Mechanical Site Manager Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Assist PM in development of construction programme, short term look ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules.
- Visit site and develop a site establishment schedule.
- Familiarisation with change management with PM.
- Assist in project validation.
- Put site safety starter pack in place and participate in HSEQ plan.
- Set up site establishment.
- Method statement and Risk Assessment preparation and review with sub-contractor.
- Review construction drawings and sign off
- Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
Project Running Phase:
- Develop a daily key action plan that includes HSEQ, productivity and people management.
- Assist Project team in expediting of major equipment deliveries.
- Maintain a site diary
- Attend/Chair internal meetings with sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all variations are picked up in conjunction with PM and QS.
- Ensure labour allocation sheets are being completed by sub-contractors.
- Produce short term programmes in line with master programme.
- Mark up master programme each week and issues to PM.
- Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
- Ensure sub-contractor workforce is on site at workface on time.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to address available work faces.
- Liaise with our client in co-ordination between building and services.
- Work closely with other supervisors to ensure effective co-ordination between M&E services.
- Integrate with other internal and external supervisors to ensure cross co-ordination of trades and installation processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues to drive out solutions in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Ensure tool box talks, inductions and safety briefings are being carried out.
- Maintain plant logs and ensure weekly safety checks are carried out.
- Ensure operatives are working safely, wearing appropriate PPE and working to agreed method statements.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy in particular to the operation of work permits, site safety audits and weekly walk arounds.
- Carry out daily walk around adopting a “don’t walk by” approach to safety.
- Implement H&S behaviour/culture and Golden Rules.
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of materials and plant.
- Mark up drawings in conjunction with inspection testing.
- Ensure inspection test plan is enforced by snagging works, then offering to client for inspection at various stages of the installation working to ZERO snags.
- Ensure that free issue equipment is checked, cared for and once accepted confirm to engineer to sign off for payment.
Close Out Activities:
- Liaise with commissioning engineer in ensuring all systems are tested, demonstrated and handover.
- Ensure all site safety devices are proved.
- Ensure all life systems are complete and certified.
- Issue final marked up drawings are correct.
- Liaise with PM on site demobilisation, including plant, labour, materials and site establishment.
- Ensure all statutory notices, schematics, wall charts are in place on site in accordance with project completion checklist.
- Maintain a site diary.
- Assist QS in his / her duties
- Ensure company’s good image is maintained at all times.
- Integrate with site team.
- Ensure your agreed training plan is enforced.
- You will proactively and vigilantly keep information secure and fully comply with the Kirby Information Security Management System (ISMS).
The above list of tasks, activities, responsibilities and accountabilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.