Mechanical Engineering Lead | Connacht
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The role of Mechanical Engineering Lead will have you planning, managing and coordinating all of the engineering and commissioning activities within the business unit. To oversee the process’s for design management, commissioning and project engineering ensuring consistent application of agreed procedures and utilisation of standard forms. The role also requires the ongoing mentoring of all engineering personnel in the region to ensure their continued development.
Mechanical Engineering Lead Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Ensure the design management process is followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual responsible for this role.
- Ensure the Commissioning lead process is followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual responsible for this role.
- On-going monitoring of the project engineering process to ensure compliance and mentoring of the project engineers when required.
- Structured mentoring of the graduate engineer’s in line with plan agreed with Engineering Manager.
- Assist BUL in resolving any significant technical issues that cannot be resolved on site.
- Monthly progress reporting to the BUL and Engineering Manager.
- Assist BUL with recruiting of and appointing engineering support to individual projects.
- Technical review of Tenders when required, manage outsourcing of review on larger tenders.
- Attend Tender Interviews as required to promote technical capabilities.
- Highlight emerging technologies and technically and technically access innovative suggestions in the region.
Necessary requirement of the Mechanical Engineering Lead
- 3rd level qualification in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- Ideally the Mechanical Engineering Lead will possess 8+ years relevant experience of which 5+ years has been spent in a design/consultancy capacity.
- Data Centre and or Pharmaceutical design experience will be advantageous
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
For more information on this Mechanical Engineering Lead/ Senior Mechanical Engineer position or other Mechanical Engineering Lead / Engineering Manager opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.