- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Role Purpose As part of the construction team, the Logistics Operative will assist the site-based operations in carry out the day to day duties required to delivery excellence and quality. To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ Electrical engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects to quality, on time and to budget. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best. This is a permanent position based in Galway.
Logistics Operative Responsibilities:
You could be:
- Managing the stores for both M&E on a large-scale project ensuring they are tidy and stocked
- Managing the delivery’s coming in to site
- Managing the plant on the site
- Using hand machinery: drills, pumps and compressors
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and other equipment
- Specialising in helping a particular skilled worker, for example a bricklayer, a glazier or a plasterer
- Driving forklift trucks, dump trucks or other site machines.
Necessary Requirements of the General Operative:
- Ideally 1+ years’ experience as a General Operative with Electrical or Mechanical Experience
- Valid drivers licence
- Computer literate
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Manual Handling
- Additional Machine Tickets would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent rates +benefits available.
- Long term guaranteed work.
- The opportunity to work with a leading M&E contractor.
For more information on this General Operative/ GO position or other General Operative opportunities based in Ireland, UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.