Lead MEP Co-Ordinator | Sweden
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Reporting to the BIM Manager the BIM Lead has overall responsibility for delivering all 3D and 2D co-ordination milestones within their given business unit. The role of the BIM Lead is that of a point of contact between the BIM team and operations. When not working on a specific project the BIM Lead will be based within their Business Unit office. Their role is to ensure direct line of communication between BIM and other organisational functions within the business unit.
- Support the operations team with regard to all co-ordination deliverables
- Work closely with Operations managers
- Delivering all 3D and 2D deliverables set by the BIMTechnical services Manager
- Supporting all parties working within the digital construction process
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to reporting team members
- Drive team towards providing efficiencies on projects through the application of technology
- Ensure all models and drawings are detailed to a constructible standard and comply with the design intent
- Deliver a prefabrication & modularisation approach to construction
Lead MEP Co-Ordinator Responsibilities
- Point of contact for all digital constructionBIM and co-ordination needs within their business unit and projects
- Review and analysis of EIR and Client BEPS
- Review of Kirby BEP and issue to client
- Ensure project is adequately resourced
- Ensure correct project set up by BIM lead
- Point of contact for Technical Services Manager with regard to project updates
- Point of contact for Operations manager with regard to Digital construction
- Ensuring project BIM Leads carry out all relevant duties
- Auditing 3D and 2D deliverables to ensure internal standards are being adhered to
- Attend weekly internal and client co-ordination meetings when requested
- Support all parties working within the co-ordination process
- Provide post project lessons learned
- Ensure project handover documents are completed and issued to clien
- Help other team members develop their own skills.
- Supporting Project BIM leads with their personal development
- Attend site project meetings aiding the construction process and acting as an adviser to the site management with regard to co-ordination solutions.
- Develop design knowledge with regard to Mechanical & Electrical systems allowing for value engineering and detailed co-ordination
- Help drive efficiencies on site through detailed co-ordination, value engineering and OSM
- Apply latest technology to help deliver digital construction, BIM to site operations
The above list of tasks, activities, responsibilities and accountabilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
Essential basic experiences/qualifications:
- A degree in Engineering, Architecture or Design
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience within a BIMCo-ordination
- Mechanical or Electrical background and have a proven track record in a similar role
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
Competencies to be demonstrated:
- Results Orientation
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Service/Relationship Builder
- Innovates and Improves Processes
- Attention to Detail
- Resilience and Positivism
- Team Worker/Builder
For more information on this Project BIM Lead/ BIM Lead position or other BIM Lead / BIM Coordinator opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.