Senior Lead Estimator (Electrical)
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As a Senior Lead Estimator, you will be responsible for leading and managing key estimation activities and systems for tenders. You will ensure the highest accuracy and quality standards and that technical and commercial excellence is achieved. You will represent the company in client meetings at the highest level and liaise with the Estimation Manager, Lead bid Co-ordinator, Engineering department and Operations team on any issues which may be present or likely to emerge. You will input to the development of world class processes to effectively and efficiently handle estimates. You will support other estimators in handling technical and estimation issues and challenges across the business.
Senior Lead Estimator Responsibilities
In conjunction with your team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of the Estimation process including the following:
- Manage / delegate / perform: Provide commercial settlement for each bid you are managing.
- Manage / delegate / perform: Tender adjudications
- Manage and delegate: New tenders and control of all tender documentation
- Manage and delegate: Quantifying all drawings & Tabulating same
- Manage and delegate: Preparing & issuing out tender Documentation to suppliers & Sub-contractors
- Manage and delegate: Inputting Estimators take-off into Estimating package
- Manage and delegate: Preparing spreadsheets indicating all prices received for suppliers and associated costs received
- Manage and delegate: Controlling all documentation including all tender and post tender correspondence
- Manage / delegate / perform: Update maintain register of all project estimated
- Manage / delegate / perform: Handover of commercial files
- Manage /delegate / perform: The estimation process flows
- Manage / delegate / perform: Work closely with Estimating Manager in standardising the E+I division, developing library & closing out of all Tender Adjudications.
- Manage / delegate / perform: In line with the Kirby way
Necessary requirement of the Senior Lead Estimator
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Construction Economics, Quantity Surveying or similar
- Ideally will possess 10+ years’ experience in the construction industry of which 10 years has been in a similar senior position.
- Experience working on tenders in-excess of €7million electrically within the pharmaceutical, industrial, data centre or commercial sectors.
- Innovates and leads in electrical/technical activity and challenges.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite, especially Power Point & Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage, develop & retain a large team
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
Desired competencies / special role requirements
For more information on this Senior Lead Estimator position or other Senior Estimator opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.