Junior/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Kirby are looking to recruit graduates from top-tier Universities and Institutes of Technology – talented individuals with a natural flair for quantity surveying and a real interest in developing into technical people and commercial leaders.
Junior/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities
- Ensure close co-operation with Planning Engineer as regards assessment of progress, accounting for day works undertaken and identification and evaluations of variations and additions to the original contract work.
- Provide necessary back up in any follow up to claims and assist in negotiations on the finalization of these accounts.
- Ensure certificates of payment are issued promptly.
- Report in detail as required for the Project Manager, on the commercial status of the project.
- Maintain accurate records of claims prepared, certificates issued and of retentions involved.
- Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as due.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
Necessary requirement of the Junior/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying ideally coupled with a technical background as either Plumber/Pipefitter (or similar) or Mechanical Engineer but not wholly necessary
- Prior work placement experience would be advantageous
- Proficient in excel.
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the client and the structure and form of interim and final claims.
- Ensure that claims are then formulated in line with these constraints.
- Ensure that claims issued are comprehensive in that all work undertaken has been included under the appropriate categorization, i.e. day works, unit rate work, contract work. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
For more information on this Graduate Quantity Surveyor/ Junior Quantity Surveyor position or other Quantity Surveyor opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.