Job Title: Junior Quantity Surveyor
Reports To: Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor
Kirby are looking to recruit graduates from top-tier Universities and Institutes of Technology – talented individuals with a natural flair for quantity surveying and a real interest in developing into technical people and commercial leaders.
Junior Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities
- Ensure close co-operation with Planning Engineer as regards assessment of progress, accounting for day works undertaken and identification and evaluations of variations and additions to the original contract work.
- Provide necessary back up in any follow up to claims and assist in negotiations on the finalization of these accounts.
- Ensure certificates of payment are issued promptly.
- Report in detail as required for the Project Manager, on the commercial status of the project.
- Maintain accurate records of claims prepared, certificates issued and of retentions involved.
- Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as due.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
- Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the client and the structure and form of interim and final claims.
- Ensure that claims are then formulated in line with these constraints.
- Ensure that claims issued are comprehensive in that all work undertaken has been included under the appropriate categorization, i.e. day works, unit rate work, contract work. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
The above list of tasks, activities, responsibilities and accountabilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.