Mechanical Engineer | Intermediate Role
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific construction project. The activities associated with the project will vary and will be agreed with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. You will co-ordinate the technical design with the onsite installation through to the successful commissioning ensuring that the Kirby Group vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Colate all design documents and drawings
- Attend project Handover Meetings
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Preparation of co-ordinated drawings covering all aspects of the installation including mechanical, electrical sprinkler, structural and architectural elements
- Review and understand project design specifications and drawings and access compliance of co-ordinated drawings and technical submittals.
- Assist in the production of weekly progress reports
- Assist in the compilation and assessment of Technical Submittals.
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders.
- Receipt verification (RV) of equipment and materials arriving on site.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Understand the commercial fundamentals of a project including profit plans, potential variation logs and take offs’ etc
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging including walking down of P&ID’s, and layout drawings.
- Population of test packs and tracking of same
Necessary requirement of the Mechanical Engineer
- 3rd level qualification in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- Significant Project engineering experience of 4 years+ with a mechanical contractor
- Previous record of delivering small to medium mechanical projects (Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
- Commercial Awareness
- Capability of walking down mechanical systems to ensure compliance with specification
- Experience developing technical submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures – knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Leads and influences others.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
Desired competencies / special role requirements
For more information on this Mechanical Engineer/ Project Engineer position or other Mechanical Engineer / Electrical Engineer opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.