Graduate Project Planner | Munster
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As a Graduate Project Planner you will support the Project Planner on live multi-disciplinary projects in developing realistic and achievable project plans and determining quantifiable targets, also providing support in on-site field progress measurement to provide fact based answers to key management questions
Key Functions of the Graduate Project Planner
- Perform take-offs aligned to the construction WBS for labour / metrics loading of the schedule
- Develop & Populate metrics trackers with quantities for tracking purposes
- Provide on-site Planning support to the Project Management Team
- On-site progress measurement of multi-disciplined installation progress
- Collation and development of progress reports and dashboard and attendance of progress meetings as required
Graduate Project Planner Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
Business Unit Planning Technical Support:
- Monthly Business Unit KPI Reporting & Manpower Forecasting
- Planning Process audit reporting, process and procedure modifications
- Database development of project reference data
- Liaison with EHS and Quality departments to better align on monthly reporting
- Claim development support
Programme Co-ordination (Planning Phase of Project Life Cycle):
- Support Project Planners in Schedule development as required
- Support Project Planners in Labour & Metrics Loading by Performing take-offs on construction drawings in line with WBS
- Support Project Planners in populating various trackers
- Produce build methodology phasing drawings
Status and Performance Advisor (Controlling Phase of Project Life Cycle):
- Supporting the Project Planners in gathering / recording & collating actual installation progress for installation Earned Value & Performance analysis as required
- Support in compilation of and issuing of period progress reports (internal / external / dashboard)
- Support in schedule management & control, revision and maintenance
- Look for new opportunities to improve service to “Internal Customers”
- Look for new opportunities to improve processes
Necessary requirement of the Junior Project Planner
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management. Strong trades background with a demonstrated aptitude for planning will be considered.
- Microsoft Project / P6 or Equivalent Planning Software, Microsoft Office tools – Excellent report writing skills
- Time management essential to satisfy demands of busy schedule and reporting calendar
For more information on this Junior Project Planner/ Junior Planner position or other Project Planner / Planner opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.