Forensic Planner & Claims Analyst | Cape Town
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
To work with internal Project Planning Teams to ensue project schedules, records and reports are setup and maintained in accordance with contractual requirements, internal best practices, enabling the preparation of prospective and retrospective delay and disruption analyses, providing effective delay and disruption claims advice, entitlement case development and preparation, based on detailed forensic examination and analysis of project information and data, conducting investigation of delay and disruption events to establish the cause and effect of delays and to resolve construction delay claims through negotiations (or legal proceedings).
Key Functions of the Forensic Planner & Claims Analyst
- To play a crucial Planning governance and compliance role in relation to the following:
- o Ensure contract compliance of baseline programme preparation (best practice, and project specific)
- o Ensure contract compliance of reports prepared and issued
- o Ensure records prepared and kept enable efficient and effective entitlement claim preparation
- Supporting preparation of prospective and retrospective delay analyses
- Upstream / downstream forensic delay claim analysis
- Preparation of interim, detailed & final claim particulars
- Preparation or defence of delay / extension of time claims
- Disruption (Loss of Productivity) claim preparation and analysis
- Claim negotiation Support
Forensic Planner & Claims Analyst Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Support internal Planning teams in setting up contractually compliant baseline schedules
- Providing internal governance and ensuring compliance with internal Planning procedures and client reporting requirements through regular internal compliance audits
- Regular reviews to be arranged with internal Planning teams on major projects to perform a health check of the schedule integrity and project status
- Regular reviews to be arranged with commercial Managers to ensure alignment and compliance with contractual requirements relating to early warnings and delay notifications
- Supporting the Operations, Planning and Contracts team in Early Warning and Delay Notification narrative development
- Liaison and support to internal Planning teams in the preparation of monthly time impact analysis (TIA) and critical path analysis (CPA) on major projects
- Supporting internal Planning teams with client Planning team entitlement claim related communication
- Supporting entitlement claim demonstration to client teams
- Production of Delay and Disruption claim documentation
- Production of monthly internal reports on the status of key projects
- Internal flagging of Delay and Disruption related risk, and escalation of same
- Working with the Planning and Contracts teams in developing Standard Operating Procedures and supporting the Planning team with implementation of same
- Development of standardised Delay and Disruption reporting templates and enhancement of existing ones
- Process improvement and automation of claim documentation development where possible
Necessary requirement of the Forensic Planner & Claims Analyst
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Quantity Surveying or strong trades background coupled with technical ability may be considered
- 5+ years’ experience / demonstrate ability to develop and implement plans, monitor and control work
- Must be capable of producing project plans from design and commercial information
- Must be capable of coordinating the development of multiple project plans
- Microsoft Project / P6 or Equivalent Planning Software, Microsoft Office tools – Excellent report writing skills
- Time management essential to satisfy demands of busy schedule
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Results Orientation
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Service/Relationship Builder
- Innovates and Improves Processes
- Attention to Detail
- Resilience and Positivism
- Team Worker/Builder
For more information on this Forensic Planner & Claims Analyst position or other Senior Project Planner / Senior Planner opportunities based in Ireland, the UK, Europe or South Africa contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.