Electrical Turnover Engineer | Northern Europe
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations.
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
An exciting opportunity for an Electrical Turnover Engineer has arisen for an energetic individual who would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
Key Functions of the Electrical Turnover Lead
- To define the construction Systems in the form of P&ID’s, Electrical Single line diagrams and the like.
- To define the format of the System Handover dossiers and Contractor Handover Dossiers.
- To assist in setting up, populating and maintaining the Kirby Group Quality system or other data base engineering information systems used to track, progress and store handover data.
- To define the limits of testing for piping test packs and issue the test pack specification sheets to enable contractors to assemble test packs in the required manner.
- To define and specify pinnacle test documents and to coordinate the inspection and acceptance by Client and/or Commissioning Manager/Engineer for each test pack e.g. piping test specification, loop check components, relief valves, spring supports, electrical circuits, equipment packages etc.
- To index and maintain files for all original quality documentation. To monitor contractors performance and if necessary to support the supervision efforts by coordinating the compilation of all necessary quality documentation for the project.
- Coordinate test packs from isometric completion to testing, flushing and reinstatement including the timely release of follow on work to paint, insulation, instrument and tracing contractors.
- Coordinate site prep, piling, civil work and steelwork completions and documentation including the timely release of follow on work such as equipment and piping erection, backfilling of u/g piping and earthing, and release for paving etc.
- Coordinate instrument and electrical completions and documentation including the timely release and transfer of as built mark-ups to commissioning and operations personnel.
- To coordinate on a day to day basis with the startup/commissioning group and to identify detailed requirements and negotiate exception items for acceptance of the systems.
- To advise the Field Superintendent of status of completion of system packages and to provide progress and status reports as required.
- Consolidate punchlists for system exception lists and providing an auditable trail to ensure that all punchlist items are captured and signed off for completion.
- To coordinate the release of piping work to follow on trades. e.g. painting, tracing, insulation, instruments, etc.
- To compile the turnover dossiers in the required format.
Electrical Turnover Lead Responsibilities
- To use Kirby Group, Client, contractor and vendor engineering documentation and electronic data to fully define the work scope in system packages that enable useful commissioning and start up work to take place in a controlled and disciplined manner.
- To progressively transfer responsibility for the works to the start-up and commissioning organisation ensuring that turnover is fully accepted by signature. To compile an agreed full list of exception items which will be completed by agreed dates and to monitor and record exceptions completion.
- To compile, collate, store and turnover the construction quality data books for final transfer to Client and Kirby Group.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Turnover Lead
- Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred.
- Ideally will possess 10+ years relevant experience
- Safe Electric QC Certifier Qualified.
- Safe Electric / NICEIC or similar ‘City & Guilds’ Inspection & Testing trained and qualified.
- CompEx E01-06 qualified for ATEX environments (preferable).
- LOTO and COHE trained.
- ‘Authorised Person’ competent and trained.
- Good Knowledge of I&C installations.
- Pharma / Medical Devices / Data Centre experience / knowledge.
- Technical Knowledge and experience of Low Voltage systems and regulatory requirements – ETCI, British Standards, EN standards and Cenelec, is desirable.
For more information on this Electrical Turnover Engineer position or other similar opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.