- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The role of Electrical Testing Technician initially based in Dublin is to carry out Testing & Inspection and Certification of all Kirby Electrical Installations as required by national governing bodies and to ensure compliance with national regulations and electrical safety procedures.
- Implement and manage Lock Out-Tag Out (LOTO) and Control of Hazardous Energy (COHE) on projects where they are the AP(appointed person)
- Carry out Pre-Test Inspections (walk-down the field installation of each system term to term) on site and compile defect reports on compliance with national electrical regulations.
- Notify Project Manager and QC lead of any non-conformances or hazards on site.
- Carry out testing of Low Voltage installations as required by national governing bodies, issue report and snag list.
- Compilation of reports and issue ‘As Built’ Test Certificates
- Verification of Redlined Drawings for the LV Installation that is being Tested.
- Update cable schedules.
- Create DB schedule’s for inclusion in O&M.
- Complete Test Record Sheets as per International Standards
- Manage and Implement Electrical Safe System of Work on site (if they are the AP)
- Carry out periodic inspections and surveys of installations.
Electrical Testing Technician Responsibilities
- Carry out Inspection & Testing of Main and Sub-Main Distribution Boards and Transformer offloading cabling.
- Carry out Inspection & Testing of Final Sub-Circuits.
- Assist close-out of project issues/ investigations / queries.
- Ensure safety measures are being implemented with regard to meters and PPE being used i.e. ARC Flash.
- Issues Final Certification for project.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Testing Technician
- Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred.
- Safe Electric / NICEIC or similar ‘City & Guilds’ Inspection & Testing trained and qualified.
- CompEx E01-06 qualified for ATEX environments (preferable).
- LOTO and COHE trained.
- ‘Authorised Person’ competent and trained.
- Adhere to Low Voltage (LV) Switchgear switching protocols – ACB’s, MCCB’s etc.
- Good Knowledge of I&C installations.
- Data Centre experience / knowledge.
- Technical Knowledge and experience of Low Voltage systems and regulatory requirements – International Standards
For more information on this Testing & Electrical Testing Technician/ Electrical Testing Engineer position or other similar opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.