- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As Electrical Site Manager you will represent the Project Manager and Kirby Group on major construction sites and to take responsibility for all site related activities associated with the construction of a varied range of projects. The Electrical Site Manager will be expected to take the lead on all on-site activities from pre-mobilisation through to commissioning and eventual demobilisation.
Electrical Site Manager Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of the project in line with the Kirby way:
- Assist PM in development of construction programme, short term look ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules.
- Visit site and develop a site establishment schedule.
- Familiarisation with change management with PM.
- Assist in project validation.
- Put site safety starter pack in place and participate in HSEQ plan.
- Set up site establishment.
- Method statement and Risk Assessment preparation and review with sub-contractor.
- Review construction drawings and sign off
- Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
Project construction Phase:
- Ensure that all on site personnel hold the relevant competencies for the task they will be carrying out
- Ensure company’s good image is maintained at all times.
- Assist Project team in expediting of major equipment deliveries.
- Maintain a detailed site diary
- Attend/Chair internal meetings.
- Ensure that all variations are picked up in a timely fashion in conjunction with PM and QS.
- Ensure labour allocation sheets are being completed by sub-contractors.
- Produce short term programmes in line with master programme.
- Mark up master programme each week and issues to PM.
- Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
- Ensure sub-contractor workforce is on site at workface on time.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to address available work faces.
- Work closely with other supervisors to ensure effective co-ordination between other services.
- Integrate with other internal and external supervisors to ensure cross co-ordination of trades and installation processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues to drive out solutions in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Ensure tool box talks, inductions and safety briefings are being carried out.
- Deliver specific EHSQ TBT’s and group stan downs
- Preform weekly EHS audits
- Ensure all staff are set to work in a safe and proper fashion
- Maintain plant logs and ensure weekly safety checks are carried out.
- Ensure operatives are working safely, wearing appropriate PPE and working to agreed method statements.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy in particular to the operation of work permits, site safety audits and weekly walk arounds.
- Carry out daily walk around adopting a “don’t walk by” approach to safety.
- Implement H&S behaviour/culture and Golden Rules.
- Enforce 30 min reporting
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of materials and plant.
- Deliver specific QAQC TBT’s and group stan downs
- Preform weekly QAQC audits
- Mark up drawings in conjunction with inspection testing.
- Ensure inspection test plan is enforced by snagging works, then offering to client for inspection at various stages of the installation working to ZERO snags.
- Ensure that free issue equipment is checked, cared for and once accepted confirm to engineer to sign off for payment.
- Raise and close off NCR’s as necessary
Close Out Activities:
- Liaise with commissioning engineer in ensuring all systems are tested, demonstrated and handover.
- Ensure all site safety devices are proved.
- Ensure all life systems are complete and certified.
- Issue final marked up drawings are correct.
- Liaise with PM on site demobilisation, including plant, labour, materials and site establishment.
- Ensure all statutory notices, schematics, wall charts are in place on site in accordance with project completion checklist.
- Maintain a site diary.
- Assist QS in his / her duties
- Ensure company’s good image is maintained at all times.
- Integrate with site team.
- Ensure your agreed training plan is enforced.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Site Manager
- Recognised Electrical apprenticeship / trade cert coupled with a minimum of 5 years Site Management experience
- Experience in managing Electrical design and build projects in-excess of €5 million.
- You will ideally be in possession of; IOSH certificate managing safety; IOSH certificate in environmental management and general NEBOSH certificate but not essential.
- Possess strong computer abilities
- PICW “Person in Charge of Work” Level A would be advantageous
- Professional Acumen – Represent Kirby’s at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner.
- Communications – A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency. Ability to lead presentations to larger audiences.
- Planning and Organising – An organised and adaptable individual with a flexible approach to work. Ability to manage and prioritise when leading multiple projects.
- Deep understanding of constructability of projects.
- Strong Commercial awareness.
- Capable of building strategic relationships with third party design groups.
- Ability to work on own initiative and build and manage a team.
Desired competencies / special role requirements
For more information on this Electrical Site Manager/ Electrical Construction Manager position or other Electrical Project Manager / Contracts Manager opportunities based in Ireland, UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.