E&I Turnover Engineer | Switzerland
· Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
· To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
· To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
· To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
· To work with the best.
· Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The role is to plan, manage and co-ordinate the E&I Turnover activities on a specific Mission Critical project. To lead the
processes for Turnover and commissioning ensuring consistent application of agreed procedures and utilisation of standard
forms. The role also requires the ongoing mentoring of Testing Turnover & Commissioning personnel on the project to ensure
their continued development.
• Ensure the E&I Turnover protocols are followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing individuals
responsible for this role.
• Structured mentoring of the testing & commissioning technicians in line with an agreed plan with the engineering
manager and Testing & Commissioning Regional Lead.
• Assist and support the Project Manager in resolving any significant technical issues.
• Attend E&I Turnover meetings as required.
• To review and understand project specifications and drawings fully and extract the project specific Turnover
• Provide technical assistance on engineering registers and technical submittals where required.
• Develop and manage Field Turnover Test packages.
• Assist Development of below Turnover Requirements:
o Walkdown schedule which is fully co-ordinated with the construction programme.
o Develop site specific system List and Boundaries.
o Ensure compliance of ITP as per system.
• Lead Tagging walkdowns in line with Turnover schedule to ensure highest standards of Quality and develop all internal
W1 Internal Punchlists.
• Track Punch close out as per CMT W2/W3 walkdowns in line with System List and report to PM and System Owner.
• Report completeness of construction activities and advise PM of deficiencies by way of report.
• Liaise with all CFCI equipment vendors to ensure they are fully aware of our specific requirements and review/approve
all proposed FAT/SAT and Testing & Commissioning RAMS.
• Ensure Safe Systems of Work are adhered to Strictly as the Project Authorised Person (LOTO/EPTW/Switching/Testing).
This is up to MC as per system.
• Manage initial start-up and energization of equipment following agreed Kirby Safe Systems of Work plan acting as the
• Witness and coordinate specific tests and ensure all documentation is complete as per regulations and project
• Ensure all pre- and post-energisation testing & commissioning activities are witnessed by Kirby and signed off as
• Ensure all test packs are pre-approved prior to being populated and commissioning information is validated in line with
• Identifying and ensuring all the correct test equipment is available and calibrated for use.
• Assist client training and handover in line with agreed schedule.
• Assist project engineers with the development of record drawings.
• Weekly Progress Report to be issued weekly to the Engineering Manager / Testing & Cx Regional Lead.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Turnover Lead
- Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred.
- Ideally will possess 10+ years relevant experience
- Safe Electric QC Certifier Qualified.
- Safe Electric / NICEIC or similar ‘City & Guilds’ Inspection & Testing trained and qualified.
- CompEx E01-06 qualified for ATEX environments (preferable).
- LOTO and COHE trained.
- ‘Authorised Person’ competent and trained.
- Good Knowledge of I&C installations.
- Pharma / Medical Devices / Data Centre experience / knowledge.
- Technical Knowledge and experience of Low Voltage systems and regulatory requirements – ETCI, British Standards, EN standards and Cenelec, is desirable.
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
For more information on this Electrical Turnover Engineer position or other similar opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.