As Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific construction project. The activities associated with the project will vary and will be agreed with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. You will co-ordinate the technical design with the onsite installation through to the successful commissioning ensuring that the Kirby Group vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Complete electrical design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contradictions in the specifications.
- Validate cable sizing and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Compile and issue electrical technical submittals.
- Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once the equipment is delivered.
- Attend & record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme.
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule.
- Review the electrical installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site & successful handover.
- Complete electrical system walk-downs to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings.
- Compile test pack, FTOP’s and O&Ms and present for approval.
- Manage specialist vendors during the commissioning process to ensure timely completion of their works.
- Undertake client training in line with agreed training plan.
- You will proactively and vigilantly keep information secure and fully comply with the Kirby Information Security Management System (ISMS).
The above list of tasks, activities, responsibilities and accountabilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.