Electrical Cost Engineer | Ireland
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Electrical Estimators develop competitive cost estimates by analysing the materials and labour needed to complete a project. This is done by doing a critical analysis of specifications, drawings and contractual documentation, interpreting this information and relaying same on a detailed take-off which will follow the format of the Form of Tender.
Electrical Cost Engineer Responsibilities
In conjunction with your team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of the Estimation process including the following:
- Initial review of tender documents with Lead Commercial/Lead Estimator & thereafter agreeing
- Bid strategy with estimating manager
- Supporting the preparation of the bid, including co-ordination with team, supporting the sending out packs by the assistant estimator, liaising with estimator in checking take-off quantities, description prepared by the estimator is correct to inputted into estimating software by assistant, checking unit material including validation of quotes & norms with estimator are correct & that all interpretations taken from drawings & specifications are included.
- Preparing gap analysis in design, including lux calculation and cable calculation & liaising with specialist vendors for design gaps in specialist systems.
- Developing primary containment design for infrastructure.
- Assisting in the preparation of estimate risk & opportunity analysis report.
- Interpreting specifications & drawings, liaising with Lead estimator/Lead Commercial.
- Supporting Estimating team in preparation of take-off.
- Attending site surveys, mid tender & post tender meetings.
- Preparation of tender adjudication for review my senior management, including liaising with Lead estimator/Lead Commercial/estimating manager on same.
- Managing post tender clarifications.
- Preparing external BOQ’s with tender submissions.
- Attending post tender meetings & client interface.
- Preparation of internal handover folders.
- Attending hand-over meetings for successful tenders.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Cost Engineer
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering
- Ideally will possess 3+ years’ experience in the construction industry in a similar Electrical Cost Engineer position or similar Electrical Engineer experience coupled with a commercial mindset.
- Experience working on tenders in-excess of €2.5million electrically within the pharmaceutical, industrial, data centre or commercial sectors.
- Innovates and leads in electrical/technical activity and challenges.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite, especially Power Point & Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
Desired competencies / special role requirements
For more information on this Electrical Cost Engineer / Electrical Engineer position or other Electrical Cost Engineer opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.