EHS Officer – Dublin
Kirby Group have an excellent opportunity for an Experienced EHS Advisor to work in the Dublin region with our talented project teams. As a Kirby EHS Advisor you will implement and maintain the Kirby EHS management system for the project and in return you will benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programme which will enhance your experience, build your leadership capability and give you a pathway to career progression.
Key Duties & Responsibilities;
- Provide leadership and coordination of the EHS requirements with the Project Management Team(s) and to report constructively on all EHS matters.
- Reporting to the Regional EHS Manager, the EHS Advisor will be responsible for providing advice, guidance, instruction and training in all EHS matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
- The EHS Advisor will be site based or cover multiple sites depending on requirements and will ensure that the Kirby EHS management systems for all the projects under their stewardship are implemented and maintained.
- Carry out audits, inspections & incident investigation reports, establish corrective & preventive actions to prevent reoccurrence and to develop continuous improvements.
- Prepare in conjunction with the site teams EHS Plans, Inductions, RAMS and other associated site documents.
- Participate in Site & team meetings, report on business EHS risks, trends and recommend constructive actions towards continuous improvements.
To be considered;
You will have these essential Skills;
- 2 Years’ Experience in similar industry on medium to large scale projects.
- Experience with Construction Regulations & roles, and experience working with sub-contractors is essential.
- Ability to partner with clients / main contractor Safety and Project teams.
- Be proactive in identifying actions for improvement, ability to influence others to follow through with realistic corrective and preventive actions.
- Up to date with Legislation, Guidance, Advice and Compliance within the Construction sector.
- High Level of IT Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and E-Mail, Microsoft Teams etc.
- Good ability to listen and communicate effectively in an accurate and timely manner.
- Good skillset in writing descriptive and concise reports on EHS matters.
- At least Level 6 NVQ certificate in Occupational H&S.
- Safe Pass & Manual Handling
- First Aid Training
- Full Driving License
- Manual Handling Instructor
- IOSH Member
- Work at Height Training/Trainer