Design Engineering Manager | Transmission and Distribution | UK
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Manage both Internal electrical design resources and external design consultants for both electrical and civil engineering works.
- Responsible for assisting and resourcing internal design team
- Oversee project design cost & programmes reviews.
- Manage the design authority approval and recommendation procedures.
- Ensure all statutory, regulatory, delivery and legal requirements are met to enable timely and appropriate project delivery.
- Drive quality and productivity in producing engineering deliverables to meet customer requirements.
- Responsibility for the safety, performance and development of a team of design engineers and consenting staff.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have the following:
- A detailed working knowledge of Distribution Networks and Power Distribution Specifications, operations, along with the statutory, regulatory and legal requirements for designing the network.
- A minimum of an HNC in a relevant Engineering Discipline with significant experience, although a degree and Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status is preferred.
- Be an expert in engineering design and design governance (including CDM).
- Stakeholder and people management skills are essential, and you’ll bring your well-honed financial skills which will include analysis, budget forecasting and budget management.
- Essential requirement that you have a full, current driving licence.