Business Development Manager | Power & Renewables
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to several ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centers and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
In the capacity of Business Development Manager (Power & Renewables), you will have, develop and maintain extensive knowledge of engineering and construction target sector spends, routes to market, end-customers, opportunities within, challenges and trends. The Business Development Manager will identify business opportunities (projects and frameworks where relevant); qualify them for inclusion into the sales pipelines and thereafter progress them through the pipeline to tender stage. The Business Development Manager will support Directors, BU management and pre-construction teams during tender stage towards positioning Kirby most favorably to secure projects. He / She will maintain excellent relationships with existing sector customers, identify and build new ones and work with all customers to identify how Kirby can add value by delivering more and/or new services.
- Working with the Kirby Group Engineering Group Director, and Operations Leadership, you will develop and execute strategies and tactical plans to deepen and grow potential project opportunities in the Power industry through building strong relationships based on the core values and services that Kirby can offer to our clients and partners.
- In addition to leveraging existing relationships, the Business Development Manager will identify potential new clients and make initial contact with them / develop & build relationships that lead to requests for tender and/or project negotiation based on Kirby expertise in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and Construction that will create value for the client (RTMs, GCs and end Customers) and Kirby.
- Working with the BD Director, prepare and execute an events calendar that promotes Kirby as a solid potential partner to clients in our identified Regions and sectors.
- The Power & Renewables Business Development Manager will be involved in preparing information for clients, assisting with pre-qualification and tender documentation, as well as preparing PowerPoint presentations, maintaining the SalesForce database, CRM, tenders, corporate events, sponsorship and other relevant activities as deemed appropriate. They will also undertake general market research to identify new opportunities, sharing this knowledge with the wider Kirby team in order to ensure best practice with regards to marketing and sales.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities
- Main Contractor/RTMs – Building on existing relationships and developing new relationships with identified Route To Market (RTMs) and General Contractor partners who will consider us as a construction/design partner. Identification of key players and influencers, and regularly introduce senior Kirby Operations Personnel to them.
- End Target Customer – Building on existing relationships and developing new relationships with identified end Clients who will consider us as a construction/design service provider. Identification of key players and influencers, and regularly introduce senior Kirby Operations Personnel to them.
- Monitor General and Social Media – Activity in relation to all key players in the relevant target industries. Alignment with Kirby Marketing team.
- Track Target Industry Movers and Trends – Track news/policy and executive changes via LinkedIn, industry newsletters and other relevant sources. Share relevant news with the team as appropriate.
- Track and Follow Industry / Trade events – that benefit the ongoing brand promotion, marketing and BD efforts of the Kirby Group.
- Gather potential opportunities from new potential and the existing Kirby, client base.
- Leveraging from the current Ireland, UK, Europe relationships to develop in the sector.
- Working with the Group Business Development Director to develop a sales strategy and tactical plan for each potential European qualified project pursuit.
- Completion of the Bid/No Bid and Kirby Sales Win Strategy Document for each qualified pursuit.
- Develop valued advisory inputs from relevant Kirby Content Experts
- Act as first point of contact for incoming T&D potential sales and associated enquiries in the agreed geographic target markets, while working closely with relevant existing Operations Management, and other members on the Kirby Business Development Team
- Support in sales meetings through preparation of appropriate relevant materials
- Sales pipeline administration and updating, including our CRM Database.
- Dealing with internal Legal personnel on Client/GC T&Cs
- Working with the other team members in identifying events (and an individual event calendar) spread throughout the year that enables deepening of relationships and building of trust. Sporting, Conference, and similar.
- Ensure events enable Key Kirby Influencers to become Trusted Advisors who can add real value to the client.
- Ensure the thought and professionalism of the events reflect Kirby as a truly differentiated and trusted company.
- Ensure Kirby Full Team pre- and post-briefing and action planning for each and every event.
- Introducing senior Kirby Operations (including Pre-Construction) personnel to clients at an early stage.
- Identifying and attending industry conference and trade shows.
- Also, regular social meetings with clients away from offices, where Operational colleagues’ introductions can be made.
Proposals and Tender Support
- Effectively complete the Sales Strategy Document for all qualified/strategic tenders that we are positioning for. Close alignment with our Operations colleagues, and the Preconstruction Teams.
- Responsible for the timely planning, management of the PQQ, supply chain questionnaires and tender documents into the Kirby Prequalification/Bid team.
- Have a clear understanding and interpretation of the questions within PQQ, supply chain questionnaires and tender documents.
- Ensure accuracy and up to date information is placed in all documents.
- Creatively approach the writing and presentation of bid and other relevant documents to deliver the Kirby Differentiation Message.
Necessary requirement of the Business Development Manager (Power & Renewables)
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Marketing and / or Engineering Disciplines.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience within the Industrial Selling or Business Development functions, with at least 5 years in a senior role.
- Ideally will possess previous experience operating within a similar role servicing the Power, M&E construction or other Professional Services Sector in the relevant Power industries.
- Have a well-established network of industry professionals that can assist in us being better positioned for future growth.
- Have familiarity with various construction services we offer including Project Management, Design, Lean and so on.
- Salesforce or other CRM software experience
- IT Literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Results Orientation
- Networks established in the regions identified.
- Has existing and ability to builds Relationships
- Market trend identifier
- Communicates with impact. Gravitas.
- Teamworker and extroverted personality
- Commercial Acumen & Technical
- Decisive and High Energy drives.
- Ability to travel overnights.
For more information on this Business Development Manager/ Business Development Lead position or other similar opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.